Saturday, August 17, 2013

The First Friend

Because we are about to start out senior year of college, I knew it would start happening eventually, and it has finally happened to one of my very closest friends. What is "it," you ask? "It" is engagements, and  I am so thrilled to finally announce the engagement of one of my closest friends.


A few weeks ago, Shawn, Erin's boyfriend reached out to me about writing a letter to Erin that he could use for the proposal. He was asking anyone who is close to Erin to participate in writing her a letter, and lucky for her, I happen to be quite the fan of writing letters. I didn't really know where to begin with it, but once I got started, I just couldn't seem to stop.

Erin moved four houses down the street from me when we were going into second grade. We happened to be put in the same second grade class, and add that to being just a minute walk down the street, we became fast friends.






We rode our bikes to school and swim team practice together, we spent every summer afternoon at our neighborhood pool - ordering (and pranking) Buck's Pizza daily, we tried to gather enough acorns to be in the Guinness Book of World Records, and we took pictures of license plates, so we would have identification in the chance the owner committed a crime. We played every sport under the sun together, we made countless trips to Memorial City Mall, trying on the most ridiculous outfits we could possibly find, we've rung in numerous New Years together, and we could easily spend an entire day catching up and reminiscing. I am so thankful for friendships that pick up right where they left off, and I am so very thankful for you!



The Proposal

In addition to writing Erin a letter, I was also asked to be a part of the proposal itself, and though it was about 110 degrees outside, I wouldn't trade one second of it for anything. I promise I will provide you with every details of the precious proposal story tomorrow. I literally just walked in the door from College Station, and I am beat, but I could not be more thrilled for Erin and Shawn. I was so honored to get to be a part of such a special day, and I hope it is one she will remember forever and ever.

I hope you all had a wonderful Saturday, though I am not sure that yours could top mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS