Friday, August 23, 2013

Stationery

I have decided that my senior year will be, among other things, the year of writing letters. One of my very favorite things, ever since I was a kid, is receiving letters in the mail. I loved sorting through the mail when I heard it drop through our mail slot to see if anything had my name on the front, and I still love finding a letter addressed to me in the Clubhouse mailbox. I figure that other people have to love receiving notes and letters just as much as I do, so I am going to make a very conscious effort to get good about writing letters to friends and family this last year of college. As I usually do when I am home, I made a trip up to City Centre, and though I usually spend the most time in Anthropologie, today I spent the most time browsing the stationery at Paper Source. They have so many fun options that it was hard for me to pick just one. So, I bought a couple of different varieties that will hopefully last me for quite a while.


If you want to be on the receiving end of one of these letters, be sure to leave me your address!

But let's back up a little bit. This morning started bright and early, as I went for a nice humid walk around my neighborhood as a warm-up to my 9:15am spin class. This is both one of my favorite spin classes, and one that requires quite a bit of effort in order to get me there, because it is a tough class. I really like the instructor, but it is a very grueling 70 minutes. I really liked the class today, and one of my favorite aspects was the portion where we did a series of five quick jumps, sat back on the saddle and sprinted for 15 seconds, and then recovered for 30 seconds. We repeated that sequence five times through, and it was the constant change that made it so enjoyable for me.

After a quick trip to Randall's to restock my favorite produce, I headed home to shower and get ready to go visit Mr. Avis up at Stratford and then run some errands. That's where my journey to City Centre comes in. I started getting pretty hungry toward the end of my errand running, so I called in an order to La Madeleine. I know La Madeleine is not a Houston original, but it is a restaurant that just reminds me of being home. I opted for my usual - the wildfield salad with grilled chicken, and I even purchased an extra bottle of their Balsamic Vinaigrette to take back to Austin with me. A very worthwhile purchase.


I also had some hummus and carrots, a few slices of cantaloupe, and too much freshly cut watermelon. I've said it before, but the fruit is one of my favorite parts of summer.


And now I'm off to get ready to go watch some more high school volleyball. One of my volleyball coaches at Stratford just recently accepted a head coaching job at a school out in Sugar Land, and I am very excited to go watch her do her thing. I am heading out there a little bit early so that I can explore the area, because Sugar Land is not an area with which I am very familiar.

I hope you all are having a superb Friday. For those of you who are students and teachers getting ready to go back to school, make this last weekend of freedom a fun one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS