Friday, August 16, 2013

Fun Fact Friday

Happy Friday! We got a little bit of rain last night and this morning in Austin, making for a very humid day today. I finally managed to lace up my tennis shoes and go for a run, though my run did take place inside on a treadmill. I set out to run five miles, not knowing if I would be able to complete it without taking a break or two. I ended up surprising myself and completing just over six miles in 52 minutes. I followed my 45-minute treadmill workout, which got me to 5.3 miles, and then I just ran the last .8 miles at varying speeds. My run felt really good, and I probably could have gone for even longer if I didn't need to make a quick trip to the grocery store before getting home to shower, make and eat breakfast, and get ready for another 8-hour work shift.

Breakfast

Today's breakfast was my usual scrambled egg whites and spinach, but yesterday I had a brand new delicious breakfast that I whipped up on Wednesday night. I don't have any pictures, but I will be sure to share it with you next time I eat it, because I made enough to last for quite a few days. I am finally starting to branch out of my typical breakfast shell.


I also had a side of pineapple, strawberries, and grapes, which were all very refreshing to eat after a very sweaty run.

Fun Fact Friday

The new RA's are currently going through RA training here at SRD, and I have had a lot of fun being able to help out with it a little bit. Today, while they were all piled into the office learning how to answer the phone and transfer calls, Ralph Wayne, the top guy at SRD, told us that you used to need a permission slip in order to ride in the car with a boy. I guess it's no wonder we used to be known as "the virgin vault!"

RA's 2011-2012
RA training 2011 - fire escape
My first ever phone call
Have an excellent Friday, and I will be back sometime tomorrow with some very exciting news!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS