Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Every Day

Happy Tuesday, fitness and froyo readers! I should have some very exciting news for you guys soon, but it hasn't happened quite yet, so just know that some exciting news is on its way!

Anyway, yesterday while at work, this article posted from the Eat This, Not That twitter account caught my eye. It was titled, "8 Foods You Should Eat Every Day." I like to read these articles because I like to see how my daily food choices measure up, and I ended up being pleasantly surprised by this one.

8 Foods You Should Be Eating Every Day (according to Eat This, Not That)
  • Spinach
  • Blueberries
  • Walnuts
  • Black Beans
  • Oats
  • Carrots
  • Tomatoes
  • Yogurt
I typically eat about five or six of the items on this list daily, but every item on this list is a part of my regular diet. You'll see as I go through my regular post that I have managed to include quite a few of them already today.

I woke up around 7:20am this morning, when I quickly threw on a tanktop, some Nike shorts, and laced up my tennis shoes before driving over to Austin High School to use the track for a two-mile sprint-the-straightaways-walk-the-curves workout. Stepping outside of my house felt like stepping inside a sauna, so that definitely made it tough, but it felt good to get some sprint work in, because that is definitely what I tend to neglect most.

Breakfast

I was pretty hungry by the time I arrived back home, so I whipped up a batch of my scrambled egg whites and spinach, and ate them alongside a small bowl of blueberries. I even managed to snag a picture of them this time!



I also ate quite a bit of watermelon chunks before heading out the door once again to the gym for a 10:00am BodyPump class. This class kicked my butt - literally - as the lunge track was a serious challenge today. We started out standing on our benches, lunging back with one leg, and then bringing that knee up in front of us at a 90-degree angle before lunging back and repeating. I was struggling by the end of it!

(Source)

Lunch

After a quick shower, and an hour phone-call with my best friend at A&M, I came on over to SRD, where I will be setting up shop until 10:00pm tonight. Lucky for me, both meals on the menu are top notch, and lunch allowed me to cross three more items off my food list. As usual, I made myself a salad topped with grilled chicken, black olives, and tomatoes. I also made myself a bowl of vegetables, consisting of broccoli, carrots, and cauliflower. I am not much of a cauliflower fan, but I do have a few recipes that I want to try using it. Lastly, I fixed myself a bowl of black bean salad, that consisted of black beans (obviously), corn, tomatoes, and chopped cilantro leaves. A very filling, nutritious, and delicious lunch.




What's so great about the foods on this list is the fact that they are so easy to incorporate into delicious recipes. I don't know many people who enjoy eating plain spinach, but mixed into an omelette or included as a topping on a pizza, it can taste just wonderful. Anyway, I hope you guys are having an excellent Tuesday. Just think, it's almost Hump Day, woot woot! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS